Links to Websites of Interest
In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary ophthalmology. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- The American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists web site lists the board certified veterinary ophthalmologists in the U.S.
- OFA's CAER Eye Certification registers, collects and shares dog eye examination information to help veterinary ophthalmologists identify blinding diseases
- Optigen can do DNA testing for some inherited dog eye diseases
- Doggles are great UV protectant eye wear for dogs, particularly those with diseases aggrevated by UV light like Pannus or Chronic Superficial Keratitis
- An excellent book that we recommend is Living with a Blind Dog by Caroline Levin. The book is out of print but can still be purchased those book resellers.
- Wonderful devices to help blind dogs move around without bumping their heads:
Links for Veterinary Resources: